Deadlock in shared cache

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Feb 26, 2010 at 10:35 AM

Hi all.

We seem to  get deadlock in shared cache. It just stopped responsing. This issue was only on production server which is not able for debuging, in developer's environment it's not reproduced. So we have difficulties with investigation.

Maybe you can advice  some dangerous lines in code or some environment conditions to reproduce or to deal with this issue.

Feb 26, 2010 at 11:00 AM
Do u know if it happens on the server or client side? Which version do
u use?

Kind regards,
Roni Schuetz

Sent from my iPhone
Feb 26, 2010 at 11:07 AM

Restarting of application pool can't resolve the problem and application still hangs but restarting of shared cache service make all work fine. So it seems that hang is on server side.

We use 3.0.5.1.

Mar 1, 2010 at 2:57 PM

Hi again. It seems that problem is that Shared Cache stops responding after some internal error. Performance monitor shows big number of established connections when it happens. Maybe somehow some sockest are not closed?

Mar 3, 2010 at 3:42 PM

Not sure if your having the same problem I am but I was able to reproduce it in our development environment. Based on what we are seeing the client is locking up. My best guess is its waiting in a stream read waiting for a response that is never going to come.

I don't have the source code for SharedCache in my development project so I can't see any further into it but for us its stoped at this line.

IndexusDistributionCache.SharedCache.Get(key)

Sep 21, 2010 at 4:46 PM

What is the issue and is this still active? This sounds like a serious one.