is a high-performance, distributed caching system. Although application-neutral, it's commonly used to speed up dynamic Web applications by alleviating database load. indeXus.Net SharedCache
runs as a distributed windows service on every web and / or application server farm to cache data objects in memory out of process. Your stored objects can be accessed from any of your servers in your farm.
Pre-Release Documentation available as download or at:
Major Pre-Release Changes:
- removed anything around auto-detection of additional instances (UDP)
- added server configuration section for replicated servers
- Logging consistent
- removed several code files which were not used anymore
- protocol bug fix around CacheItemPriority serialization
- protocol bug fix around timestamp serialization
- extension of internal protocol serializer instead of normal binary serialization
- removed MergeSystem.Indexus.SharedCacheClient project from the solution due no usage
- centralisation of all network checks about DNS and IP addresses.
- deleted constants which are not used anymore within the project.
- usage of IpAddress.Any for the server, this means upon development develpers can use: 127.0.0.1
- introduction on cache provider to clear() all cache data with one single call instead to iterate over all key's.
- added first basic method (single thread) to run comparsion test on different hosts - multi threaded will follow.
- updated client provider with the ip 127.0.0.1 - developers should be able now to run it out of the box.
- fixed Server do not keep cached data: the configuration "-1" has been fixed for the CacheAmountOfObjects config entry.
- extended client measurment test methods
- TcpServer: makes now usage of the .net default ThreadPool - ThreadPool.QueueUserWorkItem() - for more info checkout also: http://netrsc.blogspot.com/2007/02/another-extract-from-scalenet-threading.html
- introduction to the logging method Force(), even if Logging Enabled is false the startup parameters are important to log.
- Fatal & FatalException are written even if Loggging Enabled is false
- Enable administrator to set ThreadPool boundries: TcpServerMaxThreadToSet / TcpServerMinThreadToSet
- Enable administrator to set ThreadPool boundries: TcpServerMaxIOThreadToSet / TcpServerMinIOThreadToSet
- Do not use anymore the COM.CacheUtil.XXX Methods, all methods are exposed over the SharedCache Cache Provider. Have a look at the sample application for how to use it.
Pre-Release known issues:
- Network overview within Notify application have been removed - a new version will follow soon.
- Still missing UnitTests
Test Application Cleanup:
- we tried to make it more like a real application. Instead of a database we use now 2 XML files (country.xml & region.xml) which contains several 1000's records together.
- Created an normal structure: Data Access Layer & Business Logic Layer
.Net Cache Provider extensions
- the provider contains now two additional options
- Option 1: Receive all keys on a specific host (if you work locally you can simple pass null as parameter).
- Option 2: Receive statistic information from a specific host.
- what means a pre-releaseX.X.X.XXX: while development reaches a point were requested implementations are done but they still not 100% ready for production. Be careful while you're using this prereleases.