SharedCache is a high-performance, distributed caching system. Although application-neutral, it's commonly used to speed up dynamic applications by alleviating database load.
SharedCache runs as a distributed windows service on every web and / or application server farm to cache data objects in memory out of process. Your stored objects can be
accessed from any of your servers in your farm.
- Release Date: March, 9th 2009
- Changes this release contains:
- DataContract serialization implementation (WCF)
- Workitem: Socket closure on shutdown
- Major bug in fallback logic (special thanks to Christian Weyer from thinktecture)
- Replicated caching and distributed caching versions contains now a flag with an online / offline status.
- Extended logging - trace socket pool bahaviour when shared cache runs as debug installation. Use SysteInternals DbgView to view how the socket pool act.
- Client and server socket pool configurations (SocketPoolValidation, SocketPoolTimeout, SocketPoolMinAvailaleSize)
- We highly recommend to upgrade all previous versions since the fallback bug should be available in all previous versions!