Replication only working one way ( for me )

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Mar 12, 2009 at 3:22 PM
So I've been scratching my head at this one for a while and can't quite seem to see my folly (I'm sure its a config thing).
I switched over to 3.0.5.1 to see if that helped, but it hasn't.

I have two servers that I want to run replicated mode on. So I set up a test page and I can set the value on Server A and read that value on both servers, but if I set the value on Server B I can only see that value on Server B... Its like Server B's updates aren't getting sent and/or recieved. (I was able to replicate this behavior on another set of machines  as well). Also it seems that after restarting the services and sites, sometimes it will be the other way around.

Here are the configs clips:
Server A:
  <replicatedSharedCache defaultProvider="ServerSharedCacheProvider">
    <serverSetting ServiceCacheIpAddress="10.0.0.219" ServiceCacheIpPort="48888" SharedCacheVersionNumber="3.0.5.1" LoggingEnable="0" ServiceFamilyMode="1" CacheAmountOfObjects="-1" CacheAmountFillFactorInPercentage="90" ServiceCacheCleanup="LRU" ServiceCacheCleanupThreadJob="10000" TcpServerMaxThreadToSet="-1" TcpServerMinThreadToSet="-1" />
    <replicatedServers>
      <add key="PSCDALHDCVWEB02" ipaddress="10.0.0.220" port="48888" />
    </replicatedServers>
    <providers>
      <add name="ServerSharedCacheProvider" type="SharedCache.WinServiceCommon.Provider.Server.IndexusServerSharedCacheProvider, SharedCache.WinServiceCommon" />
    </providers>
  </replicatedSharedCache>

Client A:
  <indexusNetSharedCache defaultProvider="IndexusSharedCacheProvider">
    <clientSetting SharedCacheVersionNumber="3.0.5.1" LoggingEnable="0" CompressionEnabled="0" CompressionMinSize="1024000" SocketPoolMinAvailableSize="5" HashingAlgorithm="Ketama" />
    <servers>
      <add key="PSCDALHDCVWEB01" ipaddress="10.0.0.219" port="48888" />
    </servers>
    <replicatedServers>
    </replicatedServers>
    <providers>
      <add name="IndexusSharedCacheProvider" type="SharedCache.WinServiceCommon.Provider.Cache.IndexusSharedCacheProvider, SharedCache.WinServiceCommon" />
    </providers>
  </indexusNetSharedCache>

Server B:
  <replicatedSharedCache defaultProvider="ServerSharedCacheProvider">
    <serverSetting ServiceCacheIpAddress="10.0.0.220" ServiceCacheIpPort="48888" SharedCacheVersionNumber="3.0.5.1" LoggingEnable="0" ServiceFamilyMode="1" CacheAmountOfObjects="-1" CacheAmountFillFactorInPercentage="90" ServiceCacheCleanup="LRU" ServiceCacheCleanupThreadJob="10000" TcpServerMaxThreadToSet="-1" TcpServerMinThreadToSet="-1" />
    <replicatedServers>
    </replicatedServers>
    <providers>
      <add name="ServerSharedCacheProvider" type="SharedCache.WinServiceCommon.Provider.Server.IndexusServerSharedCacheProvider, SharedCache.WinServiceCommon" />
    </providers>
  </replicatedSharedCache>

Client B:
  <indexusNetSharedCache defaultProvider="IndexusSharedCacheProvider">
    <clientSetting SharedCacheVersionNumber="3.0.5.1" LoggingEnable="0" CompressionEnabled="0" CompressionMinSize="1024000" SocketPoolMinAvailableSize="5" HashingAlgorithm="Ketama" />
    <servers>
    </servers>
    <replicatedServers>
    </replicatedServers>
    <providers>
      <add name="IndexusSharedCacheProvider" type="SharedCache.WinServiceCommon.Provider.Cache.IndexusSharedCacheProvider, SharedCache.WinServiceCommon" />
    </providers>
  </indexusNetSharedCache>

Any thoughts or comments on this will be greatly appreciated as I'm running out of theories and I'm sure its something I'm just not seeing.
If there is some type of log info that would be helpful let me know and I will post it as well.
Coordinator
Mar 12, 2009 at 6:15 PM
Edited Mar 12, 2009 at 7:03 PM
Hi Kent, 

can you post your page you have written so i will use the same stuff like you when I run tests?

it would be very helpful if you would enable LoggingEnable. please also change the following setting at your 2 server instances:

<serverSetting ServiceCacheIpAddress="10.0.0.220" -> try to use please: 127.0.01    

regards, roni
Coordinator
Mar 14, 2009 at 8:53 PM
Hi Kent,

thanks for sending me your files. i will try to response asap by tomorrow and provide more information.

I removed your previous post with code then i plan to provide a download file.

regards, roni    
Coordinator
Mar 15, 2009 at 6:44 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Dec 9, 2009 at 3:58 PM

I downloaded revision 27827, built and installed.  I mimicked the setup in this discussion and still see the same results.  Whichever server starts first sends updates to the other server but does not receive updates.  Has this been verified fixed by anyone else.