Fault Tolerance of IndexUs Distributed Caching

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Dec 19, 2008 at 6:03 PM
I configured IndexUs for distributed caching on 3 boxes and stored one of our business entities in it.

I shut down 1of the boxes, then 2, and even with just 1of the boxes remaining, I was still able to properly retrieve the data.

However, when I attempted to store more data to the 1 remaining box, I got an exception about the other 2 boxes not being available.

In effect, this means that IndexUs is not fault tolerant enough for us.

Is this the expected behavior?  Or have I done something wrong?
Coordinator
Dec 19, 2008 at 6:31 PM
hi, thanks for your input.

can you tell me a bit more about the configuration and the version you have used?

but in general - no this is absolutly not an expected behavior. i strongly suggest to work with the latest sources which i gone create a new release from them in the next few day's.

regards,
roni
Dec 19, 2008 at 6:55 PM
Edited Dec 19, 2008 at 6:55 PM
Roni,  When I opened the configuration files to send you the settings, I noticed that ServiceFamilyMode was set to 1.  I changed it to zero and now my unit test are running as expected.

I am still able to retrieve from AND add to the cache without problem, even with only 1of the cache servers running.

Sorry to disturb and thanks again for a great product.   We'll be doing more testing after the Holiday.
Coordinator
Dec 19, 2008 at 7:05 PM
no problem at all.

may I ask where and for what website you are gone use shared cache?

regards,
roni