Session Management with Failover... can replicated mode do it?

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Aug 13, 2008 at 3:31 PM
We have been investigating indexus.net for high performance session state management with failover.  I've seen relatively little documentation on Indexus.net's session state support, as well as managing failover with the replicated cache.

Is this something that Indexus.net is capable of?  What kind of common setups are people using to manage this?

Thanks,
Jess

Coordinator
Aug 13, 2008 at 7:45 PM
Hi Jess,

thanks for your post. currently we have created only an empty session state provider. we do not have any project which is using shared cache for session state. maybe you would like to have a look at velocity for this issue then it will take some time until we able to provide shared cache for session state.

may you are interested to implement it?

regards,
roni    
Aug 15, 2008 at 2:43 PM
Hi Roni,

Thank you for your reply.  I don't believe that I'd have time to write the support, but I'll keep an eye on future versions of sharedcache for any further developments.  Thanks for the tip on Project Velocity... it looks like it will work nicely once they have implemented failover support.  I believe that is not in the current CTP1 release.

Thanks,
Jess

Coordinator
Apr 22, 2009 at 8:22 PM
Hi Roni,

Is the session provider still undeveloped?  I might find time in the next week to begin or help out on an implementation.  I'm currently evaluating every other ASP.NET distributed cache session provider and I'd like to throw in an open source solution to the mix.

Derrick