Events

Apr 23, 2008 at 9:41 PM
Hi all,
I am investigating indeXus.net and would like to know if there is a it implements notifications on cache update based on an item key?

Many thanks
jag
Coordinator
Apr 24, 2008 at 12:20 PM
hi jag, currently we do not have investigeted anything around notifications upon cache updates. would you use shared cache within windows forms or web?

regards,
roni
Apr 24, 2008 at 6:23 PM

ronischuetz wrote:
hi jag, currently we do not have investigeted anything around notifications upon cache updates. would you use shared cache within windows forms or web?

regards,
roni

Hi Roni,
this is for a win forms application. is there a way to subscribe to change notification on a given cached item?

Thanks
jag
Coordinator
Apr 25, 2008 at 6:16 AM
hi jag,

it would be intersting to understand your requirement better. i sent you an email with my msn.

regards,
roni
Developer
Mar 10, 2009 at 4:36 AM
Any update on this. I would love to have this feature.

Cheers,
Coordinator
Mar 11, 2009 at 6:29 PM
not so far .. its intersting to have it but quite complicated to implement.
Developer
Mar 11, 2009 at 10:16 PM
Edited Mar 11, 2009 at 10:17 PM
Thanks, I will than implement version just to meet my needs.

I am thinking about hosting SharedCache inside my existing service, than fire static event from the HandleClientMessage. One event for Remove, one for  RemoveAll and one for Add case.
Do you see any issues with this approach?

I can than catch events inside my existing service and  process as needed.

Cheers
Ivan Bondy
Coordinator
Mar 12, 2009 at 6:55 PM
hi ivan, well no i do not see any problems with your approach. it would be intersting if you could keep me up to date about your progress. regards, roni    
Developer
Mar 12, 2009 at 8:00 PM
Roni,
So far so good. I modified the code and all is running as expected and events are firing up. (Just on one server)
This weekend, I will setup replicated cache on few servers and will give it good test run. I will let you know the results and any issues.

Cheers
Ivan Bondy
Developer
Mar 16, 2009 at 7:35 PM
Roni,
All went great with my events and almost all (datacontracts)  works as expected. Data gets replicated around to other nodes and events on the nodes fire up as expected.
I will try, over next week or so, clean up the code and get you changes I made.

Cheers
Ivan Bondy 
Coordinator
Mar 16, 2009 at 7:46 PM
hi ivan,

that sounds great :-)

looking forward to receive your updates.

regards, 
roni