What about use as ASP SessionState and Cache engine ?

Topics: User Forum
Mar 8, 2008 at 12:36 PM
Hello,
The projet seems to works fine. Thanks for your work. Now that I've make some tests and see that this project seems robust, I come with some praticals questions about the use of SharedCache.

Here there a plan for a ASP.Net Session Provider and an ASP.Net Cache Provider for SharedCache ? Perhaps it is already possible to do it but I did not find the answer on this wiki.

Cheers
Cyrille
Coordinator
Mar 8, 2008 at 7:11 PM
Hi Cyrille,

thanks for you comment always happy to read it :-)

we have investigated already some work to start the development for our own session provider but it lost priority after we had to refectore
some main classes.

Currently I plan to make an official release within the next few day's (probably already tomorrow if I don't get any serious bugs).

For Caching we have developed our custom provider, since Microsoft does not provide an official Provider for caching.

So about your question if indeXus.Net Shared Cache is ready as is for the usage of .Net Sessions I have to answer with a no.
If you have a usecase for it then I would be more then happy to develope it if you commit yourself to help and investigate some
testings send me an email to : sharedcache AT indeXus DOT net

regards,
Roni